Thursday, April 19, 2012

BEST knot EVER!

I just started with my felt obsessions and while searching on how to sew blanket stitches and other embroidery based decorative stitches, I came across this tutorial on how to make the best knot ever.
http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/photos/my_favorite_knot/index.html

I'd always struggled with knots-either they were too messy, or time consuming, or not close enough to the end of the thread. Well, this trick makes perfect neat knots every time.

Basically what she suggests is to take the threaded needle, loop the thread back so that the "tail" or end is on top of your needle facing it. Then wrap the thread around the needle 3 or 4 times. Next, push the tightly wound mass under your finger where you're holding the needle, then push the knot off the needle and to the end of the thread. Her pics will help you understand a bit more of what I'm saying but it WORKS! Perfectly every time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment