Saturday, September 22, 2012

DIY Mod Podge Comic book shoes..day 2

I poted earlier that I was going to try some geeky comic book decopaged shoes.

Well, I cut out some scenes, words and characters I wanted to use from my old Season 8 Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics (sorry Buffy!!) and also some 1 inch long thin strips to use at the top and bottom of the shoes.This is supposed to make the process easier by covering the areas at the top and bottom. I'm not sure if it really gave me the "look" I was going for, but since these are my first pair, I thought I'd follow the tutorial I found by MissTiffanyMA on youtube.

here is the first shoe from one side..

and the other side..

I'm about halfway through the second shoe placing the first layers of comics, then I'm going to go back and put action words like "pow" (or whatever Buffys catchphrases are..) and maybe the logo.

Then time to seal the shoes a few times. I hope these last, but we'll see..it's been really fun!

1 comments:

Working Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment