Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 3 DIY Mod Podge Comic book shoes finished!

Well, My shoes are complete. I coated them a few times with Modpodge yesterday and for the most part I think they turned out pretty well. What do you think?


The only thing I would change is putting the strips all along the top and bottom of the shoe as suggested by the Tutorial by MissTiffanyMA that I followed. It just gave the bottom of the shoe a raggedy look that suggested I was trying to hide a mistake or something..I think next time I'd use larger parts of the comics to cover the shoe all the way up to the trim. Lesson learned..
Maybe its that my comic pieces were too large as well..or too regularly shaped. Not sure. Overall I thought this was an easy craft and I will definitely enjoy wearing my custom shoes!

Heels next? Or maybe some Star Wars or Star Trek comic flats? Hmm...decisions decisions..

0 comments:

Post a Comment